Auspost Parcel Post Customs Clearance
What we require from you to Customs Clear your parcel
- Parcel Post Notification Card. This is the notification advice sent to you by Australia Post advising that your purchase has arrived.
- Suppliers Invoice.
This document is your proof of purchase and what you have paid for your consignment. For example it can be your eBay or PayPal receipt or any other document from the supplier that which list the description and costs of all your products.
- We will process your import declaration ,calculate your duty and tax liability and send you our invoice for payment,then once paid.We will arrange with Australia post to send on your parcel for delivery to you.
- Australia Post has sole responsibility for delivery of your postal article, so any enquiries about location of postal articles, or deliveries, must be directed to Australia Post by telephone ph 131318.
- We will send you a letter of Authority document to be signed and completed by you. This document gives us the authority to act as your customs broker.
Please allow up to three working days from time we receive your documents for the assessment by Customs and Border Protection and the payments of your charges.
When your goods are cleared from Customs control,and you have paid all your clearance charges your parcel will be delivered to you by Australia Post,it is usually within 3 business days.However some country areas may take up 5 business days
What will my Post Customs Clearance cost
- Any applicable Customs Duty and/or GST
- In most cases duty is calculated at 5% of the value of your goods and GST at 10% of the Value of the Taxable Import.
- Our service fee $139.00 + gst
How to track my parcel's delivery status
You will be able to track you parcel on the AusPost web site. just click here & then enter your tracking number , you will see the
- track status
- the delivery schedule of your parcel.