What do they do ?
Exporting or Importing is by no means a simple task. There are documents to be collected and forms to completed & regulations to comply with.
Customs broker are the experts in the field, a customs broker helps you navigate the sea of changing regulations and understand import specifics related to particular commodities.They are highly knowledgeable in all entry procedures, admissibility requirements, classification, valuation, and the duties and taxes imposed on imported goods.
As international trade is governed by a whole host of regulations. To maximize compliance, importers/exporters need to be familiar with all the applicable laws.
Depending on the exact nature of the goods, there are various taxes, duties and excises to be paid.
Customs brokers are responsible for advising shippers about importing and exporting goods & are frequently used by those looking to ship goods overseas commercially or receive international goods from other countries. International trade is critical to the way the global economy works,without the ability to trade internationally, many countries’ economies would suffer as they would not be unable to trade with each.
To succeed in today’s global market, you have to master the art of International trade. That includes knowing your way around the complexities of customs clearance or alternatively, you can simply outsource all of your requirements and use the services of a quality customs brokerage service.
What does customs brokerage involve?
As experts in the field, customs brokers help you navigate the sea of changing regulations and understand import specifics related to particular commodities. They are highly knowledgeable in all entry procedures, admissibility requirements, classification, valuation, and the duties and taxes imposed on imported goods.The relationship between a broker and client may begin before the actual importing of goods.
A complicated scrutiny of Customs Duty, Tax rates and government trade regulations and Quarantine permission may have to be undertaken first. Brokers are trained and licensed to provide consultancy services of the above nature as accuracy is critical to the importer.
What are the most important functions of a customs broker
• Providing information to businesses that export goods to help them successfully get their shipments out of the country to customers in different parts of the world
• Helping organizations complete the necessary paperwork that is required by the Australian government to ship their goods out of the country
• Assisting with the process of importing goods successfully by making sure that the shipments in question are able to clear customs
• Keeping up to date on all of the latest tariffs and fees that need to be paid by businesses in Australia that are looking to conduct international trade
• In Australia all customs brokers are licensed by the Customs Department.
• Most importers of goods choose to engage a customs broker to act on their behalf because of the complexity of the laws governing the importation of goods into Australia (similarly to those of most other countries) and the potential financial and other implications of lodging an incorrect entry.
In addition to preparing and lodging entries for home consumption, customs brokers frequently offer other services that may include:
• lodging applications for Tariff Concession Orders;
• lodging Tariff and Valuation Advice requests;
• arranging permissions, licences or other approvals without which the importation of particular types of goods would be prohibited;
• lodging customs duty drawback applications and refunds;
• establishing Tradex arrangements;
• organising compliance with biosecurity arrangements;
• liaising with international and national transport providers to ensure delivery of goods; and
• providing or arranging under-bond storage of goods pending customs clearance.
• Classify goods in accordance with customs regulations
• Obtain relevant permits from the importer
• Pay duties and taxes on behalf of the importer
Without the assistance of knowledgeable customs brokers, it may be difficult for businesses to trade internationally.
Our customs clearance services are professional, reliable and competitively priced.
We provide an Australia-wide service, covering all major sea and airports, cities and towns.
Always ensuring the customs clearance documentation is properly completed with the correct import and export procedures followed to ensure prompt cargo deliveries and minimise any potential clearance delays.
All our customs brokerage systems are electronically linked to the Australian Customs and Quarantine service and other relevant government departments allowing us to access the current duty rates, duty concessions and other information traditionally stored in large paper volumes in an instant.