For the 2021-22 BMSB risk season, BMSB seasonal measures will apply to targeted goods manufactured in or shipped from target risk countries, that have been shipped between 1 September 2021 and 30 April 2022 (inclusive), and to vessels that berth, load, or tranship from target risk countries within the same period.
Note: The shipped on board date, as indicated on the Ocean Bill of lading, is the date used to determine when goods have been shipped. “Gate in” dates and times will not be accepted to determine when goods are shipped.
Target Risk Countries
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Japan (heightened vessel surveillance will be the only measure applied).
- Republic of North Macedonia
- United States of America
Any target high risk or target risk goods which are manufactured in or shipped from the target risk countries will be subject to the BMSB seasonal measures. Any vessel that berths at, loads, or tranships from the target risk countries is also subject to the BMSB seasonal measures.
In addition, the department continues to review the changing risk status of BMSB and will also be undertaking random onshore inspections on goods from other emerging risk countries to verify pest absence in goods.
Target high risk goods
Goods that fall within the following tariff classifications have been categorised as target high risk goods and will require mandatory treatment for BMSB risk.
- 44 – Wood and articles of wood; wood charcoal
- 45 – Cork and articles of cork
- 57 – Carpets and other textile floor coverings
- 68 – Articles of stone, plaster, cement, asbestos, mica or similar materials
- 69 – Ceramic products – including sub chapters I and II
- 70 – Glass and glass ware
- 72 – Iron and steel – including sub chapters I, II, III, IV
- 73 – Articles of iron or steel
- 74 – Copper and articles thereof
- 75 – Nickel and articles thereof
- 76 – Aluminium and articles thereof
- 78 – Lead and articles thereof
- 79 – Zinc and articles thereof
- 80 – Tin and articles thereof
- 81 – Other base metals; cermets; articles thereof
- 82 – Tools, implements, cutlery, spoons and forks, of base metal; parts thereof of base metal
- 83 – Miscellaneous articles of base metals
- 84 – Nuclear reactors, boilers, machinery and mechanical appliances; parts thereof
- 85 – Electrical machinery and equipment and parts thereof; sound recorders and reproducers, television image and sound recorders and reproducers, and parts and accessories of such articles
- 86 – Railway or tramway locomotives, rolling-stock and parts thereof; railway or tramway track fixtures and fittings and parts thereof; mechanical (including electro-mechanical) traffic signalling equipment of all kinds
- 87 – Vehicles other than railway or tramway rolling-stock, and parts and accessories thereof
- 88 – Aircraft, spacecraft, and parts thereof
- 89 – Ships, boats and floating structures
Target risk goods
Goods that fall within the following tariff classifications have been categorised as target risk goods and will not require mandatory treatment. Target risk goods will however be subject to increased onshore intervention through random inspection.
- 27 – Mineral fuels, mineral oils and products of their distillation; bituminous substances; mineral waxes
- 28 – Inorganic chemicals; organic or inorganic compounds of precious metals, of rare-earth metals, of radioactive elements or of isotopes – including sub chapters I, II, III, IV and V
- 29 – Organic chemicals – including sub chapters I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII and XIII
- 38 – Miscellaneous chemical products
- 39 – Plastics and articles thereof – – including sub chapters I and II
- 40 – Rubber and articles thereof
- 48 – Paper and paperboard; articles of paper pulp, of paper or of paperboard
- 49 – Printed books, newspapers, pictures and other products of the printing industry; manuscripts, typescripts and plans
- 56 – Wadding, felt and nonwovens; special yarns; twine, cordage, ropes and cables and articles thereof
- For all other goods that are not categorised as target high risk and target risk goods, BMSB seasonal measures do not apply. However, these goods may be subject to the measures if they are part of a container or consignment that contains target high risk or target risk goods.